Campbell, CA – January 29, 2018 – Smart Time Apps, a leading provider of software solutions to law firms, today announced the launch of EBILLREADY, the first-of-its-kind eBill Compliance Software. EBILLREADY enables a firm to test and correct eBills for billing guideline violations and invoice format errors before the invoice is submitted to the eBilling vendor. The objective is to reduce the rate of rejection and to speed cash flow. EBILLREADY has been in beta for the past year and is now available for general release.
Todd Gerstein, CEO and founder of Smart Time Apps, said: “EBILLREADY reduces the pain and headaches that result from keeping track of and enforcing multiple client billing guidelines. It empowers firms to test and correct invoices before they are submitted. EBILLREADY operates as a software-as-a-service and is hosted in the Microsoft Cloud. We manage everything for you. It’s a tool with a light footprint that we hope meets your needs.”
EBILLREADY provides significant benefits:
- Eliminate Manual Proofing – Stop wasting firm resources and inflicting pain on attorneys and accounting.
- Eliminate Payment Delays – Firms experience a 10-day payment delay on average when they are forced to take an invoice back to correct.
- Eliminate Write-Offs – On average, taking write-offs reduces invoice amounts by 6%.
- Eliminate Invoice Format Rejection – Routine errors often cause rejected invoices; instead, automatically check invoices for compliance with LEDES specifications, missing data, math mistakes and date errors.
Whatever the billing guideline rule, EBILLREADY can remember it and check every invoice for compliance. Rules can be stored at the firm, client and matter levels.
Rules can be created to test:
- Correct Billing Increment
- Approval Language
- Specificity Checking
- Stop Word Checking
- Allowed Code Sets
- Block Billing
- Allowed Timekeepers and Rates
- Codes Not Allowed by Timekeeper Classification
- Maximum Narrative Character Count
- Maximum Hours Per Day
According to Steve Bronstein, CTO of Smart Time Apps, “EBILLREADY is our solution to help you eliminate invoices that get rejected, appealed or written off due to guideline or invoice format errors. It is easy to use, and integrates directly with your accounting system.
About Smart Time Apps
At Smart Time Apps, we pride ourselves on creating high-value, innovative solutions that improve law, accounting and consulting firm profitability. Innovation is our vision, and it leads us to reinvent the old ways of doing things and build something different and better. Smart Time Apps is privately held and is headquartered in Campbell, California. For more information, visit www.smarttimeapps.com